Monday, July 28, 2008

Making the Jump

I'd been thinking about it for a while, last week I decided for sure it's what I wanted to do, and today I pulled out my debit card and made it official. This afternoon I enrolled at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, and will graduate in July of 2009 as a certified holistic health counselor. After all my back and forth, I know I made the right decision -- I don't know the last time I was so sure and so excited about something.

This doesn't mean I'm giving up my day job (yay non-profits). Not yet. I just started a new job at my alma mater, and it feels great to be back on campus, working with kind, whip-smart people. The benefits ain't bad either. But enrolling at IIN feels like the first big step to creating the life I know I want. One filled with delicious, nutritious food. One that has balance and wellness at its core. One that lets me help other people figure out the big confusing mess that "getting well" can be.

Because it's not enough to not be sick, to have blood work come back normal if you go through life and still feel blah. Everyone deserves to experience vitality. After almost a lifetime of feeling not quite right/healthy/energetic, I'm finally getting close to that goal. That's what pushed me to make the jump, to enroll at IIN, and commit to making my life about what matters.

Here we go!

No comments: