Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lasagna Update

Yes, I felt it warranted an update.

This week is the fourth and final Wednesday Concert in the Park here in Philly. It has fast become one of my absolute favorite parts of this summer. Each week for the past month, I've gotten together with friends, friends of friends, and friends of friends of friends. We claim a plot of park and settle in with wine, cheese, and any number of other delicious treats. One thing I really appreciate about this particular group is the density of foodies, though, I have to say, my friend Art takes the foodie cake. He runs a powerhouse website chronicling the food and booze news in Philadelphia, after all. (Seriously, don't miss out. Check out foobooz.com, and check it often.) Needless to say, I'm on a quest to impress Mr. Foobooz with my culinary skills. To that end, I've made a big dish of the raw vegan lasagna to bring to the park tomorrow.


I'll let you know the verdict. Fingers crossed that I get a rave review.

1 comment:

DD said...

It was SO good! I flipped through a few in the bookstore the other day. I'm very excited to incorporate a few into my diet and, you know, if you want to (un)cook some more for me, I wouldn't complain. :)