Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Willpower

In general, I'm not a big fan of willpower. I usually prefer coming up with better systems that all but eliminate the need for straight up willpower. Right now, however, it is sheer willpower that is keeping my from reaching into the company fridge for a Diet Coke, walking across the street for frozen yogurt, and scarfing down a handful of the dark chocolate peanut M&Ms. I keep telling myself that forgoing the caffeine and sugar today will make it ten times easier to forgo them tomorrow, as well; it won't start that vicious blood sugar spiral.

Besides, I do have some deliciousness to look forward to tonight -- we're going to try (gluten-free) beer can chicken on the grill, with lots of delicious grilled veggies, grilled pineapple or peaches for dessert, and maybe a great bottle of wine. I can resist the fake, chemical-laden quick treats in favor of wholesome deliciousness tonight.

I'll try, at least.

No comments: